Недавне прослеђене ставке
- СтавкаIdentification of Key Factors for Selection of Accounting Specialization by Students at Public Higher Education Institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina(Institute of Economics, Zagreb, 2021) Gadžo, Amra; Veledar, Benina; Lalić, SrđanThe paper aims to investigate the influencing factors for the choice of accounting specialization by students at ten public higher education institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). In addition to the above, the paper also explores the gender structure of the students, the type of secondary education, the time of making the decision to choose the field of accounting, and planned future training in accounting. The research sample consisted of 253 respondents, and data collection was performed by electronic survey through distance learning platforms. To identify the key factors in choosing to study accounting, we used the multivariate method of factor analysis of major components. The results of the research point to the existence of four key influencing factors in the selection of accounting specialization: achievement, job fulfillment, the influence of authorities in the field of science and profession, and the influence of parents and friends. Over 77 percent of the students are women, and the students have mostly completed general high schools (gymnasiums) or high schools of economics (92 percent). More than 98 percent of the students plan to continue their training in the field of accounting. The results of the research have practical use in terms of preparation and presentation of accounting policies at public higher education institutions in BiH, given that the reduced number of students has resulted in rival positions among different study areas. The results of the research can also be useful to professional groups in the field of accounting in terms of achieving their strategic goals.
- СтавкаPROCESS OPERATION OF LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT(De Gruyter, 2015) Jekić, CvikoLocal self-government in the region, characterised by its bureaucratic and hierarchical structure, insufficient expertise, lack of knowledge and excessive procedures used in its operation, is simply unable to cope with the creation of a new society and an adequate economic environment. The lack of customer and target orientation, low level of understanding and poor utilisation of the principles and mechanisms of good governance (customer orientation, efficiency, participation, impartiality, transparency, professionalism, etc.) results in poor quality of service. It seems necessary to conduct major alterations and to create new local government or administration that would perform basic administrative functions in line with the growing requirements of citizens – users or customers and that would develop a community that would be competitive, both as a place to live and as a place to do business
- СтавкаEFFICIENCY IN ORGANIZING TRANSPORT ROUTES AS PART OF THE CITY WASTE MANAGEMENT: PROPOSAL FOR INNOVATIVE WAY OF TRANSPORT(Faculty of Engineering, University of Kragujevac, Serbia, 2017) Novarlić, Boris; Stević, Željko; Đurić, Predrag; Vasiljević, MarkoResearch presented in this paper is primarily focused on the theoretical model of transportation routes' optimization, by means of using an innovative approach, projected to countries in transition. This paper presents part of the research, whose main parameters are directly related to basic research hypothesis, and are result of author's stay in vocational training in the Japanese city of Osaka, in the period 12.01. - 07.03.2015. Based on the transport routes' calculations, we came to an answer set in the research problem of this paper, as well as to the optimization of costs and avoiding a "downtime" during the collection of waste conducted by utility companies, who will be the beneficiaries of this model. The primary goal of the work is to, on the base of knowledge and experience acquired in Japan, create an Optimization Model of Transport Routes adjusted to countries in transition (Bosnia and Herzegovina and others), which will, in the long run, be of benefit to these countries, in terms of a sustainable waste management
- СтавкаThe Role of Innovation in Fostering Competitiveness and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Economies(De Gruyter Open Access, 2017) Terzić, LejlaThis paper deals with the essential features determining the role of innovation in developing economies by examining the structure of innovation measures. The economic growth and competitiveness of developing economies are powerfully connected to its innovation status. The purpose of this paper is to examine the significance of innovation in driving economic growth per capita and competitiveness in selected developing economies. In order to determine the interconnection among the variables of innovation, competitiveness, and growth, assorted methodological measurement instruments have been applied. The data were collected from both primary and secondary sources. The results suggest the importance of specific innovation dimensions for prospective economic growth in developing economies. The identical measures responsible for fragile innovation are associated to the low composite measures of innovation accomplishment. This demonstrates the enormous disparity concentrated in every innovation aspect over time, specifically in innovation output and enterprise performances between the developing economies and the EU–28 average measures. The research results indicate the usage of appropriate economic instruments in diminishing the problems that developing economies are currently dealing with.
- СтавкаUsage of Customer Profitability Management Tools on the Textile Market of Bosnia and Herzegovina(Institute of Chemical Fibres, Poland, 2018) Lalic, Srdjan; Stevic, Stevan; Tesic, DejanThe modern market puts new demands on companies in terms of customer segmentation and relations with them. Companies facing the pressure of globalisation must adopt new views in the domain of adaptation of all functions in the company, which have a trend of integration, including the function of marketing and that of accounting. One of the results of the integration of company functions is, among others, the concept of customer profitability management. The subject of this paper is analysis of the profitability management tools of domestic companies operating on the textile market of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The aim of the paper is to point out the necessity of applying customer profitability management tools as one of the ways that companies adapt better to changes that occur on the textile market of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The methods used in this paper are analysis, synthesis, and generalisation in the part related to the literature review. Statistical methods are used for analysis of data collected on the basis of research conducted on a simple random sample of domestic companies operating on the textile market of Bosnia and Herzegovina